Monday, May 10, 2010

Freeing My Mind

It's just me and the trail set before me. Miles of natural terrain bends it's way along the river bank, hastily pushing flowers and brush aside. Light filters through the trees and spreads along the path. There are dozens of other runners, walkers, and bikers making their way across the gravel - Soon they will all be out of focus.

As I start to run thoughts race through my head - relationships - family - friends - work. New ideas formulate - projects develop - images crystallize. Stress and emotion begin to flow out of me and silence fills my thoughts. I make peace and keep running. My mind opens and awareness heightens. And always - overwhelming gratefulness takes over - for the opportunity, for the chance, for today.

I run a few times a week. Not because I have to, or to stay in shape, or because it's listed on my workout program.

I run because it frees my mind, I run because it's fun,
I run because I can.

"Do not be misled by what you see around you, or be influenced by what you see. You live in a world which is a playground of illusion, full of false paths, false values and false ideals. But you are not part of that world." - Sai Baba

No comments: