Thursday, May 13, 2010

Childlike Enthusiasm

The picture? That's me the last Christmas I was an only child. My parents say I had that exact same expression later that afternoon when I discovered my Dad's empty cardboard box from his new TV. The vacant box was a world of endless possibilities and quickly transformed into my new radio station headquarters.

We are all born with the gift of enthusiasm, curiosity, determination, and sheer excitement. It's hardwired into ALL of us. But somewhere along the way we "grow up" things become "serious" and our natural enthusiasm and excitement dissipates. The good news is that we can all tap into this liveliness and choose to approach any project or situation in great fervor, with wide curious eyes and a childlike grin.

Mornings are my favorite time of the day - the moment you open your eyes, everything is so fresh and new. You can determine the tone for the rest of your day, fill yourself with excitement, and as always, be grateful.

"And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily" Colossians 3:23

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oh my goodness! What an adorable picture!!

Nicole Hughes said...

If by adorable you mean embarrassing.....haha ;) This was was actually one of the least embarrassing pics from my childhood!