Monday, May 17, 2010

Thrifty Pirate Chef

It was the end of the week - I had already cooked through the fun recipes and we were down to bits and pieces. We had no meat, some nuts, fruit, and a variety of greens and no matter how many times I opened the refrigerator doors, nothing new appeared. For a moment I thought, "Eh, let's go out to eat, nothing looks good." But instead, I decided to throw all of the vegetables left in the refrigerator into a pan, and see what happens!

I sauteed onions and fresh garlic in organic olive oil until it thickened. Then I added chopped bok choy, kale, collard greens, and tomatoes with a bit of cilantro and tossed it around until the overflowing pan of greens wilted a bit. A dash of garlic salt and pepper - Viola! Thrifty Pirate Veggie Stir Fry Mix!

No comments: