Monday, May 24, 2010

On the Menu

Last week I realized I was sick of eggs for breakfast. I needed a change, something that was packed with antioxidants and protein but didn't involve meat...or eggs. It was time I tried the Blueberry, Avacado, Kale Shake from the Primal Eating Modern Table website!

The Legit Recipe:
1 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 cup kale, off the stem
1/2 avocado
squeeze of lemon
1/4 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup water
1 scoop whey protein

I switched it up just a bit
*I threw in almonds instead of avocado to add crunch to the shake and also added some fresh blackberries
The verdict? DELISH!

And for Dessert.....
This weekend I planned a big dinner for some close friends and was searching for a dessert made with only high quality food - no dairy, wheat free, gluten free, etc. I came across the Fudge Baby Recipe on The Label Says Paleo website.

These things are BY FAR, HANDS DOWN, THE BEST, MOST INSANE PALEO DESSERT I HAVE EVER MADE!!!!

Keep in mind they are super high in good fat - but oh oh oh so good. They taste just like brownies - the kind your Mom used to make with eggs, butter, and ingredients you can't pronounce.

The Legit Recipe:
1 c walnuts
1 and 1/3 cups pitted dates
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
3-4 tablespoons 100% cocoa powder

Directions:
1. Chop/blend all the ingredients, using a food processor, bullet, or blender
2. Roll into little balls.

I switched it up just a bit
*I added coconut flakes to half the batch and used pecans and almonds instead of walnuts for a little variety! I also popped them in the refrigerator for a bit to make sure they stuck together.
The verdict?
AAMAAAZING!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That desert was so legit, I don't feel like I should spread the word. I want it all to myself. Nice job, Ninja!